Thursday, April 7, 2011

BROTHER JIM


"For this is the will of My Father that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I, Myself, will raise him up on the last day" John 6:40 My Brother Jim's last day here on earth was yesterday April 6. He went home to be with the Lord and as God promises, He will raise him up on that last day. The verse given to me last September, John 11:23 "Your brother will rise again" was, I believe, for this very last day in Jim's life and God's assurance that Jim would rise again to meet Him face to face.


God extended His grace to Jim during this trial of illness. Jim, hand in hand with God, walked that journey together. Jim's faith in our Savior was magnified through his weakness. In the lowest valley of Jim's life, he praised and exalted the Lord for giving him this trial. He praised God to all those around him so they could see our awesome God and His compassionate and loving heart.


My time spent with Brother Jim allowed us precious moments to share Jesus and to truly know each others heart. We played Yatzee(a game our Mother loved to play), we talked about old times and new times yet to come. I thank My God for those precious moments.


Because of God's great love and Jim's faith in His Son, Jim is now at home with the Lord resting peacefully in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment