Saturday, January 23, 2010

No Greater Love Than This

My day started in North Carolina going with my brother to the VA Hospital for his appointment. Little did I know what God would show me there.

It was a large facility; lots of people coming and going, both men and women. There were some men without arms or legs, some walked with a cane and some were in a wheelchair. Others didn't show a physical problem but were there just the same.

As I looked around, God showed me that each of these men and women (including my brother) served our country for the freedom that we have today. They were willing to put their lives on the line for us much like what Christ did for us at the Cross. In John 15:13, Jesus says, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends". Jesus loved us so much that He gave His life for us. When we believe in Him and accept that love, He promises us eternal life with Him.

My prayer would be that you experience that love from Jesus. Open your heart to the true meaning of love from our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment