Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A MARY'S HEART

In my quietness, the Lord met me there. I went with an expectancy of His presence. He is so faithfull and good.

My quiet time on that Saturday was to be in the Prayer Room from 1 - 5 p.m. My fasting body, open heart and my Bible is what I took with me. My expectancy was to draw closer to the Lord and to pray for my Brother Jim.

The Prayer Room music began to fill my mind and my spirit as I settled in. I opened my Bible to the book of John for that is where Jesus does a lot of teaching and shows His heart to us. That's what I wanted - His heart to connect with mine.

As I journaled and prayed and just sat before the Lord, I began to read from John 9. Jesus had healed the blind man and he could now see. That's what I wanted; to see what the Lord had for me.

More journaling; more prayer.

I turned the page. I was then in John 11. As my eyes came down to the Bible, verse 23 stood out to me in 3D and lifted off the page. It said, "Your brother will rise again". Oh Lord, what does this mean? More journaling, more soaking in the music drawing me ever closer to Himself.

Then my eyes went to verse 4 for these words were again standing out to me in 3D, "This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it".

Now my eyes were streaming in tears of joy. For all this time, in his sickness, my brother Jim has glorified the Lord and his joy has gone out to everyone around him. He's been a wonderful testimony for the Lord. Now how much more will the Lord be glorified when my brother Jim is healed!

Yes, the Lord is faithfull and good. He WILL meet you where you are when you seek Him with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment